Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Eligibility...

The IRC holds an award night every year and gives out awards to people in several different catagories, some serious, some not so much. I was lucky enough to receive an award for "Most Eligible Bachelorette". Which got me thinking...
In this circumstance, what does Most Eligible mean? Is it really the person that everyone wants to ask out on a date, or is it the person who is most obviously single?
As my last real date was sometime in November and as yet, I haven't noticed any difference in the frequency with which I am asked out, I am leaning towards the latter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Encarta defines it as:

1. qualified: entitled or qualified to do, be, or get something (She is eligible to run for office ).

2. marriageable: considered a good candidate for marriage (the most eligible bachelor in town )


Which means, you either the most qualified to be single, or the most qualified to NOT be single. You'll have to decide which.

Janine said...

Thanks, Andrew. Now I feel better.

Unknown said...

I'm here for ya.