Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sarcasm Is the Recourse of a Weak Mind

The UPS man thinks I'm crazy. On Tuesday, there was approximately a bijillion deliveries, which made me really happy. Taking deliveries, unpacking them, and checking them off on our ordering list is a way to break up my day. So when they arrived, I blurted out in my excitement, "Yes! Deliveries!" to which the funny British UPS man replied, "You really need to get out more." When I tried to explain, all he did was give me a funny look and say, "You need a drink. Or maybe to let all the ones you had on the long weekend get out of your system." Then he left.
Today, I saw the UPS truck pull up and was excited already. It's been a quiet day, you see. He brought them in, I was happy, etc. Then he came again this afternoon with one more package.
"Alright," he says "I have one more present for you. But this is the absolute LAST ONE. It's going to be tough, but I think you'll be okay in time."
Har de har har.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm." - Anonymous

reddy said...

I love the British UPS guy! He was one of my favourite people at work!