Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grown-up Tastes

I've noticed a few things about myself over the past few years. Somehow, without noticing, I turned into a grown-up.
It all started with the cheese.
At some point in college, I found myself liking fancy cheese. No, not the special flavours of cheesestrings, but the really smelly, yucky kind with mold all over it that looks like it died. Somehow, it's quite delicious. No one can tell me that a blue cheese grilled sandwich is not a finger-lickin' good treat.
Then came the music. The mission may have helped with this somewhat, but I'd much rather listen to CBC radio 2 or bring along my iPod (which is still loaded with mission-appropriate hymns, ballets and opera) than listen to anything on the top 40 list.
But the real indicator was this morning, when I went down to the storage room to find something for mum. I came across a bottle of sparkling mineral water and pretty much thought that it was the most exciting beverage ever. It's been chilling in the fridge and I can't wait!
Sheesh. Being a grown-up is so weird.

2 comments:

B.E.A.T.L.E. said...

Oh Janine that's just the beginning! Just you wait pretty soon you'll only be watching "old" movies, think that a good friday night is going to bed early, and realize that that bucket of fries doesn't just disappear anymore. It shows up in random places, like thighs and tummy. Being a "grown-up" is definitely weird.

Katey said...

Yes, it is weird...and the cheese is just the beginning. Enjoy your mineral water!