Monday, December 28, 2009

Sweet Blood


I feel like Bella in Twilight. Remember how the smell of her blood was irresistible to Edward? Well, apparently the bugs on Koh Lanta feel the same way about mine. I am covered with little red bumps that itch- on my toes, knuckles of my fingers, behind my knees, and about 30 individual bites on my lower left leg alone. Yes, I really counted them.

The funny thing is that when I first started noticing these bites, I asked the rest of the family whether they had noticed a similar appetite among the little critters. The universal response was, "Bugs? Well, I think I might have a bite or two..." with an unconcerned shrug.

I have come to the inevitable solution that my blood is tastier than theirs. Ha! I win! Somewhat of a hollow victory, but I'll take what I can get. Fingers crossed, hoping there's no vampires about. Unless they're as cute as Robert Pattinson.

2 comments:

Eileen Young said...

I like your picture of "SWEET BLOOD" - guess you shall be called 'sweetie' - hopefully not only by hymenoptera!
Happy New Year.
Grannie

Katey said...

Funny...but don't expect me to feel too much sympathy Neen. Beaches in Thailand (albeit with bug bites) or windchill of -30C in Slave Lake. Which would you choose?