Tuesday, July 13, 2010

All on my own

Tonight is my first night in my new house. I started paying rent here on July 1st, but since I went away the past two weekends, I didn't have a convenient Saturday to do all my moving. Hence, I've spent the past week's worth of weeknight evenings taking one load at a time in the back of a minivan from Tuscany to Varsity. Luckily, I have a wonderful family that
a) helps me lift heavy things
b) gives me free rein over their minivan
c) has extensive experience assembling knockdown furniture
d) apparently has a great deal of patience

Daddy and I came over exactly one week ago with the major pieces of furniture. The idea was to get it all set up and in place, so that the boxes could get unpacked as they came. Unfortunately, the bed was not quite as cooperative as one might have wished, and although I'm currently laying on a comfy mattress, it's on the floor, surrounded by a mostly assembled bedframe. I feel like a baby in a crib.

The room is full of boxes, some empty, some half full, and others not even opened. I have a grand total of 2 litres of milk, a box or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and a box of Wal-Mart brand Special K to live on until I get to the grocery store for real. This is the life!

1 comment:

Katey said...

I'm glad to hear that the move went well. You can thank all three of your older sisters for the finely tuned patience of Mum and Dad: we gave them ample oppurtunity to perfect it before your moving day! I myself think that coaxing me done a ski hill for years gave Dad paitence by the truckload.