Monday, September 6, 2010

Greetings from the Nation's Capital!

No, I'm not in Ottawa. I'm actually in Washington DC, which is not my nation's capital, but I've seen enough "the Nation's Capital" signs to make me think that this is the capital of something larger than just the USA.

So far, I have managed to take the plane by myself, check into the youth hostel, make my way out to the suburbs for the biggest singles ward I've ever seen, ride a bicycle from the Capitol building to the Lincoln Monument and back, eat two cans of tuna for two separate meals today and yesterday, visit the Holocaust Museum and the National Museum of American History, and take pictures by the White House, all without serious injury or mishap. Which is good, because I only recently (read: today) acquired health travel insurance. Tomorrow it's off to the museum of Crime and Punishment and then the Washington DC temple - if I can navigate two jurisdictions' worth of transit systems, that is.

You'll hear from me again in Boston!

3 comments:

Monica Harker said...

Janine! Sounds like you are having so much fun! JEALOUS!!! Where else are you going!? Are you just going for a grand ole tour, or for a work.school purpose?

reddy said...

I'm so glad you have learned from our previous D.C. experience and got health insurance. If nothing else it will give you better ease of mind.

Katey said...

If you can navigate me through NYC with ease (with the exception of that late night jaunt through Harlem) then I have no doubt that you should manage just fine.