Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get me to the Temple on time...

Elena and I had a fun time singing that song from My Fair Lady in the car on the way down to Cardston. I had always looked forward to my wedding (I've got a box of wedding magazines that I've been collecting since I was maybe 13, that has now been passed on to Elena) and it was everything I could have wanted. The best part about it was of course my wonderful husband, Benjamin, and our temple sealing, but so many other parts of the day were incredibly special. Like taking pictures with all my sisters and making sure we caught Peter and I doing oursignature kung fu pose. Like coming out of the temple and seeing my best friend Aurora. Like trying to round up all the ibbi (most of whom were either waaay too tired or else sick) for a few shots. Like walking into the chapel in Leavitt and seeing how gorgeous all those paper lanterns looked, and watching Ben's cousins attack the candy bar. Like dancing with my prince to the Sleeping Beauty waltz and then groovign with Daddy to Frank Sinatra's Swingin' on a Star, and seeing tons of other parent-child duos join in (I especially loved seeing Karen andbaby Charles on the dance floor!) I am so happy to be married to my lovey, Benjamin.

Even though these photos aren't from the wedding day, they're still lovely. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Laura said...

So beautiful. We're so sorry we couldn't make it, hopefully you'll post more photos so I won't miss out completely.

Eileen Young said...

Such a neat blog! Everything was just lov-er-ly. Glad we could end our cruise in time to be at your wedding. You looked especially beautiful and the groom very handsome ....and both extremely happy.

Love
G & G

Eileen Young said...

One thing I forgot to ask you - I would dearly like a copy of the songs your friends sang at the Calgary reception. I want to put them in my Journal 0 they were so cute.
Grannie

child of the universe said...

so beautiful!!! i wish i could've been there...i would have danced, too. congrats janine! we'll have to play when i'm back in calgary this summer!