Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fun and Games at Work

Work has been super busy lately. Luckily, my company has also had some really fun things going on as well, so I've been able to maintain my sanity through some busy deadlines with this fun stuff:


During my company's United Way campaign, we do an activity called Show the Way. Basically people can create teams and participate in various campaign activities to earn points for their team. You can also earn points by getting other people to participate and give points to your team. So basically, it's a way to make sure lots of people participate in the United Way campaign. I created a team called the United A-Team and our goal was to be as hard core as these guys: The A-Team

Our team got super organized and decided who was going to bring stuff for the bake sale, who would create a mini-golf hole, and who would put together a booth for the Taste of AESO (more on that event in a later post) and because we were so organized (and let's face it, the other teams were scared by our intense photo) we won! The prize was a half-day off with pay, which I plan to use soon.

At the beginning of November, we had an offsite meeting at the Calgary Zoo for my whole department. For a team building activity, we got to feed the giraffes! It was a little scary at first (I had been told that giraffe slobber is really sticky and gross) but the giraffe's tongue wrapped right around the carrot stick I was feed it and didn't touch me at all! Those of you who are familiar with my views on animal slobber will know this was a great relief to me.



Isn't that tongue crazy long? They tell you that a giraffe's tongue is purple, but I thought it just looked greyish-brown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post and it is so good. I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written. Please visit my site sky support phone number