Monday, April 9, 2007

I Have Become a Clone

There is something I've always wanted... a status symbol so inherently full of it's own virtue... something that every girl wants, no matter how she denies it... an item so iconic that it may be seen everywhere one goes... the new symbol of wealth, health, and prestige to anyone of a certain income bracket... a pair of lululemon pants.
I bought a pair. Ninety-four dollars and thirty-four cents. It may seem steep, but it is actually a small price to pay for the magical pants that flatter any butt, stretch to accommodate any contortion of the body, and come in a 36 inch inseam.
Just owning these pants has inspired me. I came home and signed up for an Ashtanga yoga class offered through the spring by Campus Recreation. Anyone who is free Thursday nights from 6:30-8 pm is welcome to join me.
Now, wherever I work out or attend a yoga class, those around me will see the tiny silver ankh on my lower back and know that I too am a connoisseur of sportswear. A sweat snob, if you will.

No comments: