Monday, April 9, 2007

Food Is What Makes My Day

Tonight my parents are taking me out for Thai Food... my favorite food in the entire world. This got me thinking about my favorite foods and my favorite memories of food...
Thai Food:
- my Dad used to make Kayatsai, a kind of omelet, when we were kids, usually on Sundays
- the restaurant on the beach in Koh Lanta, Thailand, where we ate shark
- having a Thai food party on a Sunday last year and having twice as many people as expected show up- but there was still enough food!
- eating satay from street vendors on Bangkok for about 5 cents a stick
- skipping my grad banquet for dinner at Thai Sa-on with my Mum and Dad
Cheese:
- discovering Brie for the first time at a school potluck in the 9th grade
- going to a fromagerie in Paris, seeing flies landing on the cheese, and then going to the hygienic supermarket instead
- getting a round of blue stilton in my stocking last Christmas and making a grilled blue cheese sandwich
Seafood:
- finding that great restaurant on 17th with Aurora and ordering mussels
- my Dad's cedar-plank salmon (the dish that we accidentally served to my sister's boyfriend almost every time he visited us while they were dating)
- eating the trout that we caught in Prince George
Ice Cream:
- Aurora and I making homemade ice cream about 5 million times in high school
- sharing a Vermonster at the Ben & Jerry's store
- going to Lic's on the last day of school every year in elementary and Junior High
Mmmmm... now I'm really hungry.

No comments: