Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Saga of the Ice Cream Sandwich

Last week I took the bus to work every day. I was feeling rather lazy and didn't want to ride my bike. On Monday, as I walked along 19th St. between 24th ave. and Morley Tr, I saw an ice cream sandwich on the sidewalk. It was a fairly new addition to the landscape because it was still melting. I noticed it and moved on.
On Tuesday, it was still there. Of course, it was now a puddle of dried ice cream goo spread around two cookies, but it was still there. I thought it was a little odd, and again continued on my merry way.
Wednesday came around, and this time I looked for the ice cream sandwich. It was still there, now squashed by a shoeprint, with a little smear alongside, where the guilty party had tried to scrape off the chocolatey goodness.
By Thursday, it was merely a dirty smear on the sidewalk. What was once a yummy treat had been demoted to mud.
Sad story.

2 comments:

woozie said...

that is tragic, really. how could someone just abandon an icecream sandwich like that?

reddy said...

I feel for the ice cream sandwich. Who could be so unfeeling and abusive?