Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Blankie

I have this comforter that my parents got me for my birthday when I turnd 15 or 16. It had kind of a tacky pattern on it and it was a little lightweight, but it worked. A few years ago I got a cover for it from Ikea. The cover adds just enough weight for me to take this blanket seriously, and it's a great pattern (dark blue with polka dots).
I don't think I had ever appreciated just how big this blanket was (queensize, by the way) until last night. Due to visiting relations, I was bumped out of my basement bedroom and onto an air mattress in the living room. My blanket is big enough for me to sleep rolled up in it, with half under me and the other half above. As you are surely aware, sleeping on an air mattress without some sort of insulation below you is not fun. My amazing blankie really can do all. Maybe I should start dragging it behind me and rediscover the joys of thumbsucking, a la Linus from Peanuts. I seem to remember enjoying the taste of my thumb at one time.

1 comment:

reddy said...

Janine you big baby.