Friday, June 29, 2007

The Biker Chick

I was told recently by a friend that since I often have spare time at work (because my co-worker never gives me stuff to do) there is no excuse for my infrequent blogging. I sincerely apologize. I really like blogging, but my life is ridiculously boring (or at least it seems so to me).
I've very much enjoyed riding my bike lately. At my old house I lived about a 20 minute, relatively flat ride away from work, so I rode almost every day. I thought I was pretty hot stuff, riding about 15k every day. I had the required tight pants, sporty windbreaker, and helmet, and honestly, I look good riding a bike. So when I moved back out to the burbs with my parents, I was thinking I was a good biker.
Wrong. The ride from the boonies is like death. There's hills, suicidal lane crossing, and other sundries. I rode to work and back (a grand total of 25k) yesterday, and I seriously considered living in the basement this morning so that I would never have to walk up a flight of stairs ever again. Eventually, I made it up for breakfast.
So here's to toning up those muscles and working my way up to the daily ride again!

No comments: