Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Bubble

I had to get a tuberculosis test today. Exciting times, let me tell you.
First of all, I thought that the clinic was on seventh at third southwest, so I got off the train at TD Square and looked around, bewildered, for a Calgary Health Region sign. Nowhere to be found. I checked the address I had written down, saw no discrepancies between the scribbles and my location.
Hence it was necessary to call 411 (racking up all kinds of charges on my cellphone) to get the number for aforesaid clinic. Then I had to wade my way through almost five minutes of automated voices before I could discover that the clinic was located on seventh at third southeast. Clever me.
When I finally arrived at the clinic (just barely on time), it was surprisingly hassle-free. I got needled under the skin and injected with some interesting liquid. It left a bubble under the skin on my forearm. It wasn't there for long, but it was morbidly facsinating. I couldn't stop looking at this crazy bubble. I wanted to touch it.
I was like a little kid with a scab.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Oh, Janine... you must be gentle with the 'Bubble.' When it gets angry, well, you don't want to go there...