Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Baking Bible


One of my favorite presents that I have ever received was Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. My then 12-year-old brother bought it for me for Christmas and since then, I've pored over it's pages and baked delicious brioche, award-winning key lime pie, cream cheese and chive biscuits, and my masterpiece lemon curd cake. I really love to bake.
I'd been craving a good baking session for some time, since my Dad got about 60 pounds of organic blueberries and we froze them. Today I finally got around to it and made 4 dozen delicious buleberry muffins. So thanks go out to my brother, who bought me the baking bible, the neighbours who lent me baking powder, IKEA for making such wonderful red-coloured measuring spoons and mixing bowls (that inspire me to cook whenever I see them) and finally, to Martha. You make me believe that I, too, can bake light, golden croissants and ice a devil's food cake with mint-chocolate ganache to perfection. You've taught me the difference between a rubber scraper and a true spatula. Who cares about the inside trading? You are my idol.

No comments: